Monday, November 5, 2012

Loving today. Nothing special happened, just having a good day. Lots of thoughts running in my mind. Walked around the mall today, did some people watching and listened to the Christmas music playing. I am so excited that it was playing. I am so excited about this season. I am going to be honest, I love the cheesy stuff. Silly movies and such but this season, I am going to try to change things up for the Christopher family. Going to try to give more than receive. I love Christmas and I love gifts but as I get older, its the things around it that makes it so special. My daughter will understand more of the real Christmas story this year, and I can not wait to share the importance of it with her.

We are going to do Operation Christmas Child this year, loading up our 4 boxes tomorrow. We are going to spend some time talking about orphans, helping people and thinking outside of ourselves. I hope that we can donate to Must ministries and plan on buying a little extra each trip to Publix. Do you have any ideas on how I can teach my sweet girl to help others?

My heart aches for those still sleeping in the dark and in the cold.  I'm sad to think of the mom who lost her two boys in the storm. So much hurt and sadness out there. I feel sad to be comfortable these days. I do not think that we appreciate the simple things we have, things that sooo many would fight for.  I feel so happy these days and yet so guilty. Anyone else understand this? I go back and read my posts to make sure they do not just sound like fluff..

More to come

1 comment:

  1. Love, love your heart, Amy. Yes, I do totally understand, and so appreciate your desire to teach LM to give. I think the best way to teach that is through lots of talking and modeling, covered in tons of prayer. Kep looking for for sweet projects like Operation Christmas Child, and trust the Lord to move her little heart.

    ReplyDelete